Pages

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Insomnia

So, it's 11:00 pm on Tuesday night and I'm still awake. I went to bed over an hour ago, but sleep has been elusive. My mind keeps whirling with thoughts of people I need to call or email and things I need to do tomorrow. This is one aspect of myself that I don't particularly care for. Sometimes my brain refuses to shut off. I have a small arsenal of mental tricks to try to help me focus on one thing for a period of time, thereby shutting out all the extra mental noise and allowing sleep to creep in. Unfortunately, not even those are working tonight. So, on to blogging and Tylenol PM. I just took some and now I'm waiting for it to kick in. The blogging helps to rid my brain of the to-do list that's forming in my head. Here it is in no particular order. Tomorrow I need to email or call Mr. Duke and Mr. Sandford about one of my violin students, email (or more accurately, message on Facebook) Regina, email Shawna, call back Keith at the Academy and confirm the time for my new student, call the mother of my new student and touch base with her, call Monica, practice, talk to Nancy about this weekend, and make it through the day without falling asleep or throwing my work phone against the wall and stomping it into a million tiny pieces.

On a different note (ha ha), I now have nearly all of my music for my audition for the Spokane Symphony. Three more pieces came today via UPS. The remaining two pieces should (hopefully) be arriving in the next week or so via postal service. Last night I counted and I only have about 20 more weeks to go at my job before I can quit and get ready for grad school. Yay!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...