Pages

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hear That Sound?

That is the sound of January and February flying by. I'm not sure what happened, but two months have passed since my last post. So, I'll give a quick recap:

  • Most of my knitting deadlines were met for Christmas. I only had to mail Justin's hat and Amy's socks. Everything else made it to its intended recipient in time.
  • January passed without momentous news.
  • In February we met with our friend and photographer Brady Campbell, and I'm now in the process of knitting him several baby cocoons as photography props. If you're in the market for having some photos taken, he's a great photographer and I highly recommend him. If you choose him, tell him I sent you. :-)
  • In February we also started attending Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University. We'd read one of his books, and then Justin and Amy gave us the kit to take the class as a Christmas present. The class is 13 weeks long, and we're going to week 5 this Wednesday.
That pretty much brings us up to speed. I've been cooking at home quite a lot, as we're on a budget now and eating at home costs far less than eating out. My culinary endeavors now include bread baking. I've baked bread before, but it was rather dense, which doesn't bother me too much, but Michael doesn't like dense bread. So, I had the urge to bake bread a week or so ago, but wanted a lighter whole wheat bread. I came across this recipe, which only uses whole wheat flour, but uses more liquid than other recipes I've found, which makes it less dry and dense. I used honey as the sweetener in the first loaf, but ran out and haven't had the chance to get more. So, I've been using brown sugar, as that's what I have on hand. The second loaf was a bit more crumbly than the first. I think it's because I didn't knead it for long enough. I was in a bit of a hurry that day. Loaf number 3 is in the oven right now.

I best sign off for now. We have to get up early in the morning. Michael is having a gastroscope done to dilate the scar tissue in his esophagus from his acid reflux, and also to see if there is the possibility of surgery to correct the acid reflux problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...