Pages

Thursday, February 8, 2007

Gasp!

Prepare yourselves. I have a confession. I just spilled approximately eight ounces of water all over the computer desk and floor in my parents' basement. I came down to innocently check my email, look up a few random things, surf around a bit and I brought my water with me as I tend to be thirsty most of the time. New rule for Jessica: all beverages must be at least three feet away from the computer and related equipment or in a container with a closed lid. After the spill I ran up the stairs to the kitchen and grabbed a towel to try to mop up the mess. After about ten seconds of trying to get the corner of the towel to absorb the droplets of water in the crevices of the keyboard I gave up and went for reinforcements: paper towels. They seemed to do the trick, being thin enough to fit between the keys to absorb the little drops hanging out waiting to cause irreparable damage to my mother's still fairly new computer. I used the towel for the giant puddle on the carpet. Fortunately, nothing terrible seems to have happened, and all of the keys of the keyboard seem to be in working order. (Otherwise, I wouldn't be able to type this.) I wasn't planning on posting tonight, but for some reason I felt the need to air my clumsyness to the world. There you go.

1 comment:

  1. A) At least it was water and not, say, Coke.

    B) You are not allowed within ten feet of my new laptop.

    C) But I still love you!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...