Pages

Tuesday, February 6, 2007

Purses!

So, I have finally finished my mom's felted purse. I finished with the knitting and the felting nearly two weeks ago, but actually put the finishing touches on it (i.e. the pocket and the snap) on Saturday. This was due in part to a snap conundrum (how to attach the snap to the flap without having to look at the back of the snap on the front of the purse? Solution: make a little patch, attach the flap half of the snap to the patch, sew patch onto flap and voila) and also because of my general dislike of hand sewing the pocket and snap patch onto the purse. But, when it finally came down to it, it wasn't so bad after all. It was seen at church on Sunday and I'm sure will make more appearances in the future. But, for those of you who were not fortunate enough to see it in real life, here are some pictures.


Also, here is a photo of the purse prior to being felted.


Anyway, I have moved on to other purses. I am in the process of making a tote inspired purse for the Coeur d'Alene Christian School auction. I think it'll look really neat when it's finished and I'll definitely post a picture of it. Also, I am in the process of making a purse similar to my mom's for my mother-in-law. Unfortunately it has been relegated to the back burner for now, because the purse for the auction has to be finished by February 13 (one week from today, I might add). My mother-in-law's purse should have been finished already, but due to some unfortunate decision making I had to rip the whole thing out and start all over. So, it's been restarted, but is going much slower since I'm focusing the majority of my time on the other one. I'm hoping to have the main body of the auction bag finished by Friday and have it felted on Sunday, giving me Monday to sew in the details. We'll see how well that works out.

1 comment:

  1. That turned out great! Thanks for posting pictures! I'll have to find your mom at church on Sunday and get a glimpse of it in real life. :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...