Pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

On Nieces and Knitting


So, our nieces came to visit a couple weeks ago, and let me tell you, they are cute. We had lots of fun getting to play with Allyson and Lauren. Uncle Michael was dubbed "Michael-Michael" and I became "Attah." Here is a picture of both girls. Allyson is the older one, and Lauren is the baby. We went up to Greenbluff north of Spokane and got apples and pumpkins and rode on a little train. We also stopped at an alpaca farm. Allyson loves animals, and was excited to see some. While they were here, I got to give them the things I'd knitted for them over the last few months. I made Allyson a really cute sweater that I got the pattern for from lionbrand.com. She looks adorable in it, as you can see.
To the right is a picture of Allyson and I before we left for Greenbluff. Isn't she cute? Both girls loved Michael. He's great with little kids, and babies are fascinated with him anyway. I think it's because he doesn't have any hair either. Here's a picture of Lauren laughing like crazy while Michael was playing with Allyson.And here's a picture of Allyson with her Michael-Michael.


I also made Lauren a pair of socks and a blanket, pictured below.















Since then I've been knitting like crazy on a pair of socks for me (one's done and I've started the other), a sweater for Michael (it's getting close to being done) and a lacy scarf for my mom. I'll post pictures as they are completed. I also have a sweater for myself on the needles, but it's on hold for now due to the volume of other projects. I'm also going to be starting a couple things for a friend who is pregnant, but I need the patterns first. I'll keep you all posted!

1 comment:

  1. Holy schmokes! You are a knitting MACHINE! Thanks for posting pics of the girls--they are too cute for words! Glad you had fun while they were here! :D

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...