Pages

Friday, March 21, 2008

The First Day of Spring

According to the calendar, today is the first day of Spring. And it's snowing outside. It has been all day long. When it got sunny and rather warm a couple weeks ago I thought we were done with the cold white stuff. Apparently I was wrong. I know it's not uncommon to snow in March in North Idaho, but it's officially not winter anymore. It's not supposed to be snowing anymore. Apparently Mother Nature has other ideas. Well, perhaps I'll get to wear my sweater that I'm working on this season after all. Last week I mentioned that I hoped I'd made the first part of my sweater correctly when I realized I hadn't done so on the second half, and, fortunately I did. I will not have to rip and re-knit my entire sweater, which is good. The second half, though ripped back to about and inch and a half, is now about half done. I'm into the increases, after having done all of the waist decreases correctly this time. I have three more increases to do, then I get in to the lace part for the top. It'll be pretty. Now that I'm down to one project it's going quickly. I'm itching to start something else though. I started swatching for another project. I think it's a disease. But, I finished the swatch and haven't actually started the next project. I really want to finish this sweater. Especially now that I think I might be able to wear it still before spring really arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...