Pages

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Blessings

Yesterday I went to EWU for the last time (at least as a student). I returned everything that I needed to return and went to Records and Registration to withdraw from classes. I've told everyone that needed to know that I'm not coming back. This morning I actually spoke to the conductor of the orchestra there. He was very upset about the situation and how it was handled. But he totally agrees with my decision and is supportive of my decision to withdraw and pursue other options. While I was sure I had made the right decision, it's still nice to have outside confirmation. Since the decision has been made it seems like blessings have been coming our way. I've decided that I'm going to focus on two things for the immediate future: 1) practicing and working on building up my music career through auditions, performances, and teaching, and 2) working on creating more income through our business. Both of those things have been working out really well, and it's been less than a week since I've made the decision. I've had appointments already and have some coming up and I'm sure I'll get orders out of those meetings. I've been contacted by two different people to perform at their events (one at Macy's Northtown in October and one for a wedding in November). Today I received a call from the Coeur d'Alene School District asking if I would be interested in teaching the beginning strings class at one of the elementary schools. I'm going to email them my resume and meet with them later this week to see what we can make happen there. Now, nothing is confirmed yet, but I have a good feeling about all this. I'm truly blessed to have all these good things happening in the wake of a troubling situation and a husband who supports me through everything.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear that things are falling into place for you, my friend! Sometimes agonizing over the decision is the hardest part. I'm glad you got a sense of closure and vindication at the end of your struggle. I pray the blessings keep coming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't be prouder of you than I am. You handled the whole situation beautifully and I am really happy that so many blessings are coming your way!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...