Pages

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Endings and Beginnings

I finally finished the argyll kilt hose I had been working on. Here is the finished object:

I actually finished them on Sunday. They have been blocked, but took nearly all day Monday to dry completely. I haven't quite made it to the post office yet to get them sent off. My guilt over that is assuaged by my suspicion that I've contracted the ever popular H1N1 flu and that I shouldn't be in public. My days of illness have given me lots more knitting time. The raging headache and general malaise makes practicing a non-event, so I've been watching shows on Hulu and knitting. Kind of a lot. And mostly for me. I have been working on the finishing details of Katrina's sweater. The ruffle collar takes an eternity to get through one row. And it's 11 rows. Normally, that would seem easy. But each row takes about an hour to get through. No joke. So, it's slowly progressing. Plus (sorry, Katrina), I'm feeling selfish. I want to knit things for me. Here's what I've got so far:

The first picture is the back of a sweater I've started for me. It's simple...stockinette stitch, nothing fancy. But I have a feeling I'll wear it a lot once it's done. The second project, as you might be able to tell, is a mitten. It'll be one of those convertible, flip-top mittens. I've got the main body of the hand finished, I'm currently on the thumb, then I need to do the flip-top part. This will be perfect for the winter since they'll keep my fingers warm, but I'll still be able to use my iPhone without having to remove an entire glove.

3 comments:

  1. No worries! I totally understand. Sorry it turned out to be such a project! (I guess I should confine my ruffle longings to my socks!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kilt socks look great! So sorry u r sick!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been thinking of attempting "flap mittens". I guess if I get stuck, I can always ask you for help! :) The hose look great!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...