Pages

Saturday, December 10, 2011

Thoughts on Pregnancy

So, I'm still in the tired phase of being pregnant.  I've had my first prenatal appointment with my midwife last week.  I really like her.  Michael came with me and we got to hear the baby's heartbeat via doppler.  That made it feel much more real.  Prior to that it seemed really surreal.  It still does to a certain extent, but not quite as much.

Mostly it's just weird to me to think that this time next year I'll have a baby.  Since I've never had one before, I have difficulty imagining what life will be like.  I mean, I read things, and have friends with kids, but still...it's hard to imagine.  I suppose that's totally normal.

Today I was thinking about the fact that I'll be able to twist their sense of humor to match my own.  I know it's a while down the road, but it'll be fun to have someone laugh at the same crazy stuff I find funny.  Michael finds some of the same stuff funny as I do, but he doesn't have the dark twist to his humor that I have.  Sometimes I miss having someone with my penchant for dark humor around.

Anyway, so that's what I'm thinking so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...