Pages

Friday, December 9, 2011

Why I Like Baths

So, I really like taking baths.  Especially when I'm tired or don't feel great, which, lately, seems to be all the time.  Part of it's that whole first trimester of pregnancy thing and part of it's that I'm sick.  So, I seem to be taking a lot more baths than showers, especially this week.  I know some people think that baths are for children or that you can't get as clean in a bath as in a shower.  Both of these thoughts are completely untrue.  First, I have a very large bathtub.  Way too big for a small child when filled up completely.  This bath is obviously intended for adults.  Second, if the nasty, filthy, smelly raw wool can get clean from being soaked in hot soapy water, I see no reason why I can't.  I'm much less dirty and smelly than raw wool.  So, here is a list of the reasons I like to take a bath:
  1. You can lie down in the bath.  I suppose you could lie down in the shower, but then you'd have water hitting you in the face, which is not very nice.
  2. You're completely surrounded by warm water.
  3. It's relaxing.
  4. You can watch a movie, read a book, or play games on your iPhone (as long as you keep your hands out of the water) while in the bath.  I wouldn't try any of those things in the shower.  
  5. If someone calls while you're in the bath that you want or need to talk to, it's much less awkward to answer the phone than if you were in the shower. 
  6. You don't have to stand up.
When showering seems like a monumental amount of effort, a bath is a nice alternative.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...