Pages

Friday, April 11, 2014

Moving Is The Worst Thing Ever

And deciding on Wednesday to move on Saturday when you haven't started packing and don't even have boxes yet is just a bad idea.

We moved last weekend.  By some miracle (performed largely by my father and father-in-law) all of our worldly belongings are in our new house.  It's about half the size of our old house, so we decided to sell all of our living room furniture and get some new things.  The old furniture is still in the garage at the old house.  We have until the end of April to be completely out, so we're using that for short term storage while we wait for things to sell.

If you or anyone you know in the area are in the market for couches, end tables, or an entertainment center, let me know.

We actually bought a brand new couch for the first time in our married life.  We will be celebrating our 10 year anniversary this summer.  Does this make us real adults now?  We have a child, we've bought and sold a home, and now we've bought a brand new couch.  Maybe.  We love the new couch.  It's big and comfy and wonderful.

Now I get to begin the horrible ordeal of unpacking.  Most of our stuff is piled in half the garage.  I don't know where much of anything is.  Most of the kitchen stuff is unpacked, but there's some stuff missing.  There's a box out there somewhere with the rest of the kitchen stuff.  I haven't even looked for it yet.  I did try to find my favorite wrap and mei tai.  I watched my dad stuff them in a box, but I can't find that box.  As he was gathering them up I thought that I should snag them and stick them in my car, but I didn't.  I do have a couple wraps and the Ergo out, and they're fine, but I do wish I knew where my favorites were.

My current goal is to get at least one thing out of the garage and put away every day.  Just one thing.  That's all I'm required to do.  If I'm inspired to do more, so be it. At my current rate I might be done sometime before our lease is up.  Just in time to do it all again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...