Pages

Friday, December 10, 2010

Carpet Cleaning

Michael decided that tonight he is cleaning our carpets. He went to Home Depot before I got back from teaching in Athol to get the carpet cleaner. Pretty much all of our living room furniture is packed into our kitchen, and we are effectively barricaded from entering said kitchen. I'm currently in our bedroom while he cleans the living room carpet. I suppose we'll have to frolic barefoot across the small expanse of carpet that separates the bedroom from the bathroom. Hopefully I won't be experiencing an insomniac episode tonight. If I do, Michael might just have to deal with me having the light on, since he will have rendered it impossible for me to go hang out in the living room until I get sleepy. I suppose I could scamper to my studio, but it's not very comfortable in there, and the desk (the only thing from the living room not in the kitchen) is in there. The plan is that we'll be able to let the living room carpet dry over night, then move the stuff from the studio and the bedroom into the living room (after replacing the living room furniture) to clean the rest of the carpet. This will make for an interesting couple of days. At least we're leaving some of the larger, more unwieldy items in place, such as our king size bed, the entertainment center, and the book cases in my studio. But, in the end, we'll have clean carpets at least.

2 comments:

  1. The motor in the Home Depot machines is quite small so that customer can lift the machine. The result is the extraction rate of the water is low compared to the water pump's ability to shoot out the water. Best to scub by hand with a clean white rag and concentrated solution to loosen dirt and then only use light amount of water. Let dry then repeat, otherwise over-wet carpets.
    I hope this helps.
    Check my blog: http://SaskwatBlog.BlogSpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are cleaning our carpets today as well! I thought I was the only crazy one who would shampoo carpets in the dead of winter... apparently not! :) But we are crazy because we're doing our whole house in one day!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...