Pages

Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Letters

Dear Weather,

The rain was really not necessary. We've had lots of snow, and I, for one, would prefer for it to stay cold and continue snowing. Warming up enough to rain really only makes things worse. All the packed snow turns to slush, which makes the roads dreadful. And you know you'll only make it freeze overnight, which makes the roads even more dreadful the next morning. And then you'll make it snow some more, so the nasty icy stuff will only be covered with snow, making things yet more horrible for driving. Apart from the unpleasant driving conditions (and the fact that my car is beyond filthy now), it's just miserable. You can go outside and play in the snow, even when it's actively snowing. Who wants to go outside and play in the slush and rain? No one. It's not fun at all. Dry cold is much more bearable than wet, nasty cold. So, shape up, please. No more of this nonsense. At least not until spring. Then, you can rain and make the snow go away. Preferably overnight.

Sincerely,

Jessica
_________________________________________________________________

Dear Man Who Plows Our Parking Lot,

I appreciate that you did eventually plow the slush for us tonight. It would have been appreciated if you'd done so earlier in the day. The fact that there were 6 to 8 inches of slush on the ground at any given point today made getting up the hill that is the driveway quite difficult. I'm just glad no one was trying to get out while I was trying to get in, as the snow/slush/whatever was pushing me around, and I had difficulty controlling my car. And if I stopped, I doubt I would've been able to get the rest of the way up. In the future, please be a little more on top of things.

Sincerely,

Jessica
_________________________________________________________________

Dear People In Charge of Plowing the City,

Plow! The residential streets especially need it. I should not be scraping the underside of my car on huge mounds of slushy snow as I'm driving. Please see to this immediately.

Sincerely,

Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...