Pages

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Random on a Wednesday

It's currently snowing. Unfortunately, the highs during the day are above freezing, which melts the snow. Then it gets cold at night and freezes, making the roads slippery. This morning, the leafless trees were outlined in frost. It was very pretty.

Michael and I went cross country skiing on Sunday. We purchased our equipment from thrift stores for a grand total of $35. It's perhaps not the greatest equipment, but it's cheaper than renting. We went up to the cross country ski trail on the Fourth of July Pass. The snow was only a couple inches deep at best, so it wasn't actually groomed, and all the natural topography of the trail was obvious through the snow. This made things more difficult than if there's been a good base that was groomable and even. We went for about two miles. I keep hoping we'll get enough snow to go again on Christmas Eve or the day after Christmas, but the forecast is not in my favor. Anyway, here are some pictures from Sunday:





I've finished my Christmas knitting! As of this morning, the last toe was grafted, the last ends were woven, photos were taken, and all of the socks were lovingly laid on tissue paper, placed in boxes, and wrapped. They're all under the Christmas tree, where they've been since this morning. I also put the finishing touches on the princess hats for my nieces. I felted them on Monday and let them dry for the last couple days. All they lacked was the fabric veil to drape down the back. This afternoon my mom and I went to the fabric store and picked out some sheer fabric with sparkly things all over. Very pretty, and quite the perfect finishing touch to the princess hats. Mom hemmed them for me so they wouldn't fray and they were attached to the hats. And here they are!





All I have left to do is Michael's hat, which may or may not be done by Christmas Day. I started it this morning, but had to rip it out and start over because it was turning out too big. So, I restarted and completed one row. I'm also making some little toys for Allyson's birthday, which is a few days after Christmas. They're quick and cute, but they have to be done before Mom and Dad go down there the day after Christmas, so I've been working on them a bit more than the hat. In any case, it's only Wednesday and the important Christmas things are done. That means I won't be up until all hours on Christmas Eve frantically finishing things. What a nice feeling.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful princess hats--I bet they'll love them!

    And I know from experience that cross-country skiing is a great workout! Hope it snows more so you can go again soon!

    Love you guys. Have a very Merry Christmas!

    Katrina

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...