Pages

Sunday, January 15, 2012

To My Unborn Child

Dear Baby,

I know you like our midnight snacks.  I'm not entirely opposed to them myself, especially when they include hot chocolate (which is fairly frequently).  However, this whole keeping me up all night thing has got to stop.  I can't even feel you yet and you're already wreaking havoc with my sleep schedule.  That's just not fair.  And sometimes you just mess with me.  Like tonight.  You let me fall asleep at a reasonable hour (9:00 pm or so), but then decided I needed to get up at 11:30 pm.  It's now 3:45 am and I'm still awake.  That's just not right.  We're going back to bed now, and we'll stay there for quite a while, okay?  We have things to do tomorrow (well, today, I suppose) and Mama needs more than two hours of sleep for that to happen.  And let's try not to repeat this tomorrow night.  I'm okay with staying up until midnight or a bit later to give you your midnight snack (you seem very insistent on that point), but I'd like to go to bed by 1:00 so we can get our beauty rest. 

Love,

Mom

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...