Pages

Monday, December 15, 2008

Christmas time is here!

There are officially ten days until Christmas and counting. And I'm not done with all the presents yet. There are two still on the knitting needles. One is nearly finished, which is good. The other, a vest for my mother-in-law, is less than half done. Considering I just started it on Friday, though, I'm doing pretty good. The right front is finished and I'm about to cast on for the left front. According to my calculations, I'm right on track. I managed to stay this way by staying up until 2:00 in the morning to finish the right front, but that wasn't entirely by choice. I went to bed at 10:00 and got back up at 11:30 when I was no closer to going to sleep, and in fact feeling more awake than I did at 10:00. So, I got up and finished the right front. Since I'm not using a pattern, but designing this myself, the neckhole shaping was a bit of trial and error. Now that I know what to do, the left front should go a little more quickly.

This vest is my second venture into knitting something I've designed myself. The first was a hat commissioned by a lady from church for her daughter for Christmas. The daughter was wanting an earflap hat, but her mom couldn't find any in colors her daughter would like. So, she asked me to knit one for her in pink, purple, and white. This is what I came up with:




I'm pretty pleased with it, I must admit.

All of my actual Christmas shopping is done, though. I did order one more thing for Michael last night that he'll really like. According to my calculations, it should be here around the end of the week.

3 comments:

  1. Ooh, I like the hat. I've knit one ear-flap hat pattern several times, but it's pretty simple. I would like to try one more like that with a bit more pattern to it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did write down the pattern in Jessica-speak. I could translate it for you if you want. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The hat is adorable! I bet they'll love it. Glad you've got your Christmas shopping all done. I'm mostly done, and all my packages are shipped, but I still have some stockings to stuff. :)

    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...