Pages

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Papa

To his grandkids, my dad is Papa. To Lauren, we're all Papa. We realized Monday that she was calling my mom Papa as well. Yesterday she was calling me Papa. It's cute, though. When one of us walks in a room or catches her attention in some way, she gets this little grin on her face and says, "Papa!" in that breathy little girl voice only small children can do. Yesterday Allyson and Lauren were at the kitchen table and I walked in. Lauren looked at me and said, "Papa," and Allyson said, "That's not Papa, that's Jessica!" It was really cute. So, now I'm Papa, too.

Well, it's Christmas Eve and the knitting is officially done. I still have to weave in ends and steam block the edges, but that shouldn't take too long (I seem to say that a lot about these last projects...). Three more presents to wrap: Donna's vest (once the weaving and blocking is done), Allyson's Tinkerbell suitcase, and Michael's last present which was supposed to be here Monday and isn't yet. The snowstorms between Portland and here delayed its arrival, but according to UPS it should be delivered today. Just in the nick of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...