Pages

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Doctors Visits, etc.

Michael is finally on the upswing. We went to the doctor last Thursday afternoon. The doctor was a bit concerned that Michael was still spiking a fever considering that the two week course of treatment was almost finished. He did go ahead and take him off the IV medicine as planned and put him on a two week course of oral medication. Not quite the clean bill of health we were hoping for, but better than continuing IV treatment. So, he finished his last dose of IV medicine on Friday night, and the home health nurse came on Saturday morning to remove the PICC line. He said it felt weird to have that pulled out (it was 43 inches long and went all the way to his heart), but it didn't really hurt. He went back to work on Monday, as planned, and a gracious individual donated 40 hours of time to cover the second week off that he took and didn't have time for. Michael gets to go back to the doctor next Thursday, and I think that everything will be fine after that. He's still feeling a bit on the tired side. He didn't sleep very well on Sunday night, so he started the week off extra tired, but he's starting to make public appearances again, and seems to be returning to his normal self. Yay!

I did finish knitting the first of the pair of kilt hose. I just have to finish hemming the cuff and it'll be done. I'll post pictures of it when it's done. Katrina's sweater hasn't gotten much further. It's no longer pinned to the floor of my extra bedroom, and I did connect the shoulders, but that's all. Seaming is not my favorite thing, so, it languishes in the corner until I can stomach it.

Given the slothfulness of the previous two weeks, I've been much more active this week. I got in a workout on Monday that did a number on my quads, so Tuesday I took it easy. Yesterday I convinced Michael to go for a short walk after dinner, and today I went for a 45 minute bike ride with my mom. We're planning on going again tomorrow. It feels good to be doing more than sitting on the couch in front of the TV.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...