Pages

Thursday, June 11, 2009

Thursday

So, in the last week or so with all of the fun going on with Michael's health I've spent a lot of time just hanging out watching TV. This means I've had lots of time for knitting. I have officially finished knitting the pieces for Katrina's sweater. I finished the second sleeve yesterday. It was a bit frustrating as I had to do part of the increase section three times, because for some reason I couldn't do it right. It was definitely user error, not problems with the directions. I did manage to do one sleeve correctly, after all. But, I did manage to do it, and I kept better track of the decreases and caught the two mistakes I made shortly after I made them. Now I need to block the pieces and put them together, then pick up a bunch of stitches and knit the collar. In the meantime I'm working on my other semi-abandoned projects: kilt hose. I started the kilt hose quite a while ago. I'm working them toe-up from a design of my own devising. I got the foot done and turned the heel, and they've sat in a basket ever since. So, I picked them back up last night. I originally started them with the idea that I could take the finished pair to the Scottish Highland Games in Spokane on August 1 and see if I could get some orders for kilt hose from some pipers, or other fans of wearing kilts. Even if I only took a couple orders, I could charge $150 for a pair of hand knit kilt hose. But, that won't happen if the first pair isn't finished. Or at least one sock. So, in that time, I've messed up several times and had to go back and fix things, thus putting me only an inch and a half farther along.

Michael is doing about the same. We have no obligations today, so we've been laying around pretty much all day. Tomorrow morning the nurse from the home health place will be visiting us to change the dressing on Michael's arm and check to see how he's doing. He's wanting food again, so I better go.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! I can't wait to see my sweater! And in case I haven't already said it a million times, THANK YOU for knitting it! I'm going to start praying for an unseasonable dip in the temperatures so that I can wear it before fall. Ha!

    And kilt hose--wow. I'd love to see those before you take them off to tempt the pipers with them. Are they one-size-fits-all?

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's no real need to pray for a dip in temperatures, just wait till the sun goes down and it'll be plenty cool by the time I get it to you.

    And the kilt hose are made to fit me. The pipers will have to place orders and get measured, then have the pair sent to them when they're finished. I'll definitely show them to you when there's something to show!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...