Pages

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Procrastination

So, I should be working on my paper for my Twentieth Century Music class. The paper is due on Monday and I have yet to start. For those of you who are curious, it's about George Crumb's settings of the poetry of Federico García Lorca. George Crumb has composed nine works based on Federico García Lorca's poetry, which are Night Music I, Madrigals, Books I-IV, Night of the Four Moons, Songs, Drones and Refrains of Death, Ancient Voices of Children, and Federico's Little Songs for Children. Of these works my paper will deal with Ancient Voices of Children and Songs, Drones and Refrains of Death. I chose these two works because Ancient Voices of Children is the most well known of this set, and Songs, Drones and Refrains of Death is the composer's personal favorite. Anyway, I really should get started on it... I'm also planning on attending a grant writing workshop in Spokane at noon. It's free and is being put on by the Spokane Arts Commission. I have no idea how long it is, though. I also need to listen to the recording from my recital. I've been putting it off, but it's time to bite the bullet and find out how it really was. Well, time to get to it.

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...