Pages

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Finishing

I've finished knitting the separate parts of my sweater. I'm currently weaving in the ends. Then I'm going to wash the pieces, then sew them together. After that I have to pick up and knit the stitches for the collar. This will be interesting because the longest cable of my interchangeable set of circular knitting needles broke. It broke while I was working on the ruffle collar of Katrina's sweater. When pushing the stitches down along the needle, the part that screws into the needle head sheared clean off, leaving the majority of the connection inside the head of the needle, meaning that I'm without a long cable, and without a size 5 knitting needle head. I can buy replacement parts, and they're not terribly expensive, but I have to order them by mail. You can't order them online....really, what's that about? Don't they realize we're in the 21st century? Anyway....we'll see how it goes. Katrina's sweater is nearly done still. I have to sew the sleeve seams and attach them to the body of the sweater, then weave in the last few ends. Soon...I'll finish it soon.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...