Pages

Monday, November 2, 2009

Productive Day

Today has been fairly productive. I got some things done that had been hanging over my head for a bit, and also put in two hours of practicing. I realized today that I haven't given an update on my adventures in baking and such. Last week I made apple butter in my crockpot. I bought a five pound bag of apples, sliced and peeled them, then put them in the crockpot. It takes about 12 hours to make apple butter that way, but it turned out really well. I made a loaf of Oatmeal Whole Wheat Quick Bread to eat it with. I liked the bread fairly well. It is pretty dense, though, and Michael isn't a big fan of dense breads, so I probably won't make it again. I also made a batch of Cafe Mocha Mini Muffins. I thought these were yummy. The coffee flavor is barely detectable, but the recipe could easily be altered to leave out the coffee, if one were so inclined. The pumpkin bread is now all gone, and I think I'll have to make some more. Michael doesn't really like pumpkin bread, so I get the whole loaf to myself. I made Michael the Honey Crystal Almonds, which he enjoyed. Tonight I made shredded barbeque chicken, which was really easy. I put a bunch of chicken breasts (5 or 6 I think) in the crock pot on high for about 2 1/2 or 3 hours with a bottle of barbeque sauce, took it out and shredded it with two forks, put it back in for a while, then served it on hamburger buns. It was tasty.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...