Pages

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Ha!

Victory is mine. I have beaten into submission my sundry bits of knitting. I gave up on my little get things wet then pin them out to dry idea and took a wet towel and an iron to it. I read somewhere that heat was bad for synthetic yarns (which is what I used), but in my experience it works much better than the non-heat option. Here are a few photos of what things looked like.

Here is a sleeve straight off the needles, nothing done to it:

Notice the extreme curling of the edges.

Here is the back piece after being pinned out to dry, but before ironing:

Notice how the edges are still quite curled, though not as badly as in the previous photo.

Now, here is the sleeve after it has been ironed:


While the edges still curl slightly, it is nothing compared to the previous two pictures. Thus I was able to finish blocking all the pieces and sew it together last night. I am actually wearing the sweater right now. It's currently an open front cardigan, but I think I am going to get some toggles to close it with later today. I'll post a photo when it's all done.

On another note, Michael and I went to Target earlier to purchase a new pair of clippers. His other ones died today (we've had them for over two years) and had to be dumped in the trash. While at the checkout counter I noticed that there were already swimsuits out on the racks. Swimsuits? It's January! In North Idaho! Did I miss something? Why are swimsuits already out en masse? I don't start thinking about swimsuits until April or May. What is going on? Crazy Target swimsuit marketing people...

1 comment:

  1. No, please! Not the swimsuits! I haven't had time to psychologically insulate myself against new attacks on my body image!

    I LOVED your sweater! It looks so cute on you, and I know the toggles will the perfect finishing touch. :D Color me impressed!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...