Pages

Monday, January 1, 2007

Happy New Year!

Well, the first day of 2007 has been rather busy. Michael went to Starbucks with his friend Paul and a couple other guys he used to work with, and had a good time. We were also invited to go to a New Year's party with my in-laws, Mike and Donna. We went and watched the Polar Bear Plunge (lots of people running into the frigid lake at noon) and pointed and laughed at all the silly people dripping and shivering after they got back out of the water. It was approximately 25 degrees at that point. After that we went to the party. We stayed for a couple hours. It was nice, but I didn't know anyone else there, so it wasn't terribly exciting for me. After that we went to my parents' house and opened our Christmas presents. They went to Houston for Christmas and just got back last night around 10:00, so this was really the first chance we had. I got a new sweater, a fleece, some slippers (yay! now my feet can stop freezing!), the new book by Isabel Allende, a book of sudoku puzzles, some cash, and a new Max Lucado Devotional Bible. This is in addition to what Mike and Donna got me (8 skeins of yarn, which have put me in a knitting frenzy, 3 books, PJs, a new ionic ceramic brush which I love, and some other smaller things, which are nice). So, yes, I knit, and I'm in the process of knitting myself a sweater. It's knit it 5 pieces, and I'm on the third. I'm excited to finish it and get to wear it, though it'll be a couple more weeks before that's possible. I'll post a photo when it's done. My parents enjoyed their presents, which makes me happy. We got my dad a Boston t-shirt, my mom got a lighthouse that we got when we went to Maine in October, and I made my parents a scrapbook tour of the Freedom Trail in Boston. They thought it was really neat. After presents we came back to the house we're staying at to let the dogs out for a bit, then went back to have dinner with my parents. Now, we're just hanging out watching movies on TV and trying to keep the dogs from jumping on us too much. Anyway, so far it's been a good start to the New Year.

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this sweater in its entirety. Knitting amazes me. Actually, all the textile arts amaze me. Although my mom tried many times to teach me to sew, I never succeeded in creating anything I would actually wear on my body.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...