Pages

Sunday, January 28, 2007

Soreness

For some reason I am overwhelmed by the desire to post on my blog. This is not a particularly common occurrence (as evidenced by my meager postings for the month of January as compared to November and early December), but I feel the need to let everyone know how I'm feeling right now. Not particularly fabulous, I must admit. My back is ridiculously sore and I've had a raging headache for most of the day that nothing has put more than a dent in. I didn't get up and go to church this morning, as I had fully intended to do, because Michael and I got up, I took a shower, we conferred afterward and decided we both felt pretty awful and went back to bed. The fact that I could barely stay upright and keep my eyes open at the same time contributed to this, paired with the aforementioned raging headache and acute soreness. I'm still tired, despite all the sleep I've gotten today. What has reduced me to this state? The Tweener's Retreat at Camp Prince's Pine. And I didn't even stay for the entire thing. Friday evening Michael and I drove up to camp geared up for a fun filled weekend of snow and fellowship. Our expectations were met in full, somewhat dampened, however, by Michael's stomachache. This was the reason for our premature departure last night. The retreat was scheduled to last until this afternoon. We did have a lot of fun, though. I lost track of how many times I went tubing down the hill. A family from church composed of two parents and nine children came up for the day yesterday. One of the younger ones, three year old Aidan, attached herself to me after I saw her watching everyone barreling down the hill on inner tubes and I asked if she wanted to go with me. She looked at me and solemnly nodded. Thus our partnership was sealed. Every time we went down she would get off the tube and say "Again! Again!" We took a break to go eat lunch, then she coerced someone else to get my attention to go outside with her to do some more tubing. After holding myself and a little girl on a tube at least 10 times it's no wonder my back, biceps, triceps, and various muscles in my lower body are rather sore. My muscles are not accustomed to this kind of treatment. I did eventually decide that I was simply too tired to go anymore, and she found someone else to go with. It was a fun day, and I'm glad we went.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you guys had fun at the retreat! We were seriously bummed when Paul had to work this weekend. I hope you're starting to feel better--keep us updated about your job search!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...