Pages

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Look Both Ways

Last night on our way back to the house we saw four deer. I believe I've mentioned previously that my in-laws live near the base of Canfield Mountain, and, as a consequence, we frequently see deer roaming around. Last night we saw a deer look before crossing the street. We were about to turn the corner to get to the house, and there was a deer standing on the corner looking at us. Three other deer had already crossed and were waiting for it. Michael stopped when he saw the deer, the deer waited for a minute, then realized we weren't going to keep going and crossed the street. Who knew that deer moms teach their kids to look both ways before crossing the street? And it sticks with them into adulthood.

On a completely different note, Michael got a job today working for the IT department of the Idaho Department of Transportation. We're excited. It pays well for here, and he starts on Monday. Yay! Also, I have an interview with the Muscular Dystrophy Association on Monday at 1:00 pm for their Case Aid position. Wish me luck!

In the knitting department, I've almost finished the first of my pair of fingerless gloves. I have to do the ribbing around the thumb part, and that's it. I also started working on my mom's church purse. I did a test swatch and felted it yesterday, and I'm quite pleased with how it turned out. I also have a better idea of how much everything will actually shrink, which is good. Well, those are my news updates. Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. We were SO excited to hear the good news about Michael's job! Congratulations!!! Prayers have been answered. We'll be praying for your job interview Monday, too.

    The test swatch for your mom's purse turned out great. I'm really impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Case aide position? That sounds interesting. Tell more about the position and agency some time. Good luck! We still have yet to have snow that sticks. Are you loving being back in your hometown?

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...