Pages

Saturday, December 23, 2006

Settling In

Well, I've been back in Coeur d'Alene for a week now, and it still feels rather like I'm just visiting. I think by this time next week it might feel slightly more permanent, since that will mark two weeks, which is longer than I've been here since I've been married. Michael and his dad arrived safely last Sunday morning around 5:00. Since then I've gone to a baby shower, a Christmas party, and a girls' night out. That's the most socializing I've done in over six months! Ah, it's nice to be amongst friends and family again. For the girls' night we went to the movie, The Holiday. Very good, I recommend it highly. I was thinking about it, and I can't actually recall the last time I went to a movie with a bunch of friends. It's been quite a while, though. Of that there is no doubt. Right now we're house sitting for a family from church. They're spending the holiday in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico (Mexico at Christmas? Sure, it's nice to be in warm weather, but Christmas just isn't complete without snow). So, we're watching the house and taking care of their two schnauzers, Schautzi and Misha. They're goofy little dogs. Schautzi's old and rather deaf, so she just kind of hangs out most of the time as long as she gets fed, petted, and let out when she needs to she's fine. Misha is still a bit of a puppy and she was rather depressed when we first got there on Thursday. She wouldn't come out of her kennel until Michael actually pulled her out, then she refused to eat for a little while. She did come around rather quickly, though, which is good. Now she won't leave us alone for a second. She's constantly jumping up and begging for attention. It's the most fun when they've just come back in from running around in the snow and their both soaked. Misha will jump up on your legs, or jump on the couch and crawl all over you, smelly, wet, and all. I've never had a dog before, so this is a new thing for me. They're fun, though, and we're glad for the excuse to not live with parents for at least a little while, as we will be living with them plenty soon enough. I keep having to remind myself that we're staying and I won't have to leave in a few more days. What a nice thing to have to do.

1 comment:

  1. I had so much fun last week, too! Too bad Christmas vacation can't go on for months like that (with bills suspended and a steady stream of movie and dinner money coming in, of course!) But don't worry. I see many more girls' nights out in your future. ;) (That WAS a great movie, wasn't it?)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...