Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

The Dark Time

This time of year is what I think of as the dark time. We've set our clocks back and now it gets dark before 5:00 pm. Soon, the sun will come up even later and go down even earlier. There are more hours of darkness than light. And even the daylight hours are often gray and not particularly bright. There are days ahead in which we will drive with our headlights on all day long, not because we are so far north that we don't get sun, but because the clouds and rain and snow will be so thick as to obscure the sun.

There are things I very much enjoy about this time. I like cuddling up under a blanket with some hot chocolate and a book or a movie. I like knitting lots of warm cozy things. I like wearing the warm cozy things I've knitted. Or seeing other people wear them (if they're for them of course. I don't want other people wearing my hats and sweaters). I like sleeping under warm blankets. This is a dark time, but it's a cozy time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...