Pages

Friday, December 8, 2006

Baby It's Cold Outside!

Holy monkeys, is it cold out today! It is currently 19 with a windchill factor of 4. When I left this morning to go to work, it was 1. I was all bundled up with my wool coat and fleece accessories, which I am again thankful for. Even so, my earlobes were peaking out from the edge of my cap, and by the time I got to the T they were so cold I thought they might fall off! Obviously they didn't, but still, they were extremely cold. Poor little earlobes. Thus began my last day of work. It was mostly uneventful. I went through my drawers and threw away all the random stuff that needed to be tossed and organized the rest for the next person, whoever that may be. They still haven't found a replacement for me. One of my (now former) co-workers has his birthday today, so the boss-lady took him and me out for lunch. We went to the steakhouse around the corner from the office. It was nice and I got to have prime rib. Mmmm. An hour or so later we had cake for the guy's birthday, and it was really good. There's a little bakery across the street, and that's where they got the cake. After that, I just finished cleaning up and organizing a bit, played sudoku a couple times, and got ready to go. My boss assured me a couple of times that she'd give me a good reference for my next job if I need it. That's nice, at least. I was a bit hesitant to use her, for fear of what she would say. There's no telling with her, sometimes. But she said three or four times to definitely use her as a reference and gave me her business card, just to make sure I don't forget her contact information (as if I would. I had to say the phone number a million times over the last four months). One of the guys told me that I had to email him updates. So, I guess I'll be missed, at least by a few people. I'll definitely be missed on Monday when there's no one to answer the phones! (Perhaps I shouldn't be so gleeful about that. I can't help it, though. It cracks me up.) The boss isn't too concerned. "They'll just have to answer the phones for the month of December until I can find someone else," she said. "It's just a few weeks, and I want to find the right person. I don't want to rush into anything." Ha ha...good luck to them. Anyway, it's back to the lovely warmth of blankets and my book. One week from today and I'll be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...