Pages

Sunday, December 10, 2006

In Defense of My Blog

I have recently come under some criticism for not posting on my blog religiously every day. Let me explain. When I started my blog it was National Blog Posting Month (NaBloPoMo for short). While I was not an official participant, having started partway through November, I decided to keep my blog in the spirit of NaBloPoMo and post daily for the rest of November. We have now moved into December. Thus, I have so far missed two days (gasp!) of posting this month. Two days! Everyone deserves a break, particularly when nothing worth writing about has happened. One or two of my loyal readers (whom, by the way, I love dearly) seem to think that my brain is teeming with witty anecdotes and clever stories. Sadly, disappointingly, this is not always the case. My defense? I did nothing yesterday! The question in response? "So, are you going to post twice as much today?" "Don't count on it," was my reply. "Besides my post the day before yesterday was long with all those pictures." He scoffed at my mere four pictures of penguins. I would just like to note that there are twelve pictures altogether (it's an aquarium, after all...they have fish and other creatures, too). I would also like to note that I spent quite a while on that post, though I didn't write a lot. It takes quite a bit of time to upload twelve photos and arrange them to my satisfaction. You try it and see how long it take you. So, for the curious, here is what I have been doing for the past day and a half. Yesterday I woke up around 10:00 am and spent the morning with my husband. He managed to tweak his neck somehow, but went to work anyway, because they really needed him. I spent the rest of the afternoon and evening watching TV, packing, reading, and doing dishes. At midnight I met Michael at the T station so I could carry his backpack for him, as he was in intense pain. We also stopped and got some food from CVS on the way home. Then we went to bed. This morning I woke up around 10:00 again, finished the book I was reading, got up and watched A Knight's Tale and The Princess Diaries on television. This was interspersed with helping Michael do things like sit up or have a drink of water. He's still hurting really badly. Fortunately, we still have the pain pills and muscle relaxers that he was prescribed the last time this happened. He's been taking those since he got home last night, and is currently napping on the couch. Those drugs sure can knock you out. Anyway, that is the excitement that has been my life since Friday. Thrilling, isn't it? Highly worthy of writing about, don't you think? (Yeah, I didn't really think so, either.) Fortunately, we only have five more days until we leave. Unfortunately, Michael's hurting and there's still packing to do. Does anyone want to come do it for me?

5 comments:

  1. I WISH I could come help you. I keep trying the fold my arms, nod my head, and blink sequence, but it doesn't seem to be working. Maybe if I could find that Genni outfit...
    Just think, when you do get here I can help you pack, unpack, tend to Michael, whatever. I can't wait!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I, for one, thought that post was riveting. Of course, I know you, which makes it more interesting to read about your mundane doings that if you were a stranger.

    Well, actually, I guess I like reading about strangers' mundane doings to. I must be a voyeur.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ack--I hate when I type too fast.

    that=than

    to=too

    (I also hate that I feel an irresistible compulsion to correct my mistakes...)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's okay, Katrina. I have an irresistible urge to correct my mistakes as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jessica,
    I'm so sorry we aren't able to meet up before you move. I stupidly agreed to work the last two weekends before finals.
    Yeats is definitely in the top two poet positions for me. Wonderful!
    Also, thanks for the graduate school advice. I think you're right. Especially living someplace as expensive as Boston. I think we'll be following you west in June. Good luck with your move, I wish we could help out.
    Love,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...