Pages

Tuesday, December 5, 2006

D - 10 days and Counting

We're now in the official countdown mode. Only 10 days left until we leave. And only three days left of work. I could stand it if it were Friday already, though. Today has been slightly less boring than usual...I actually had a few things to do today. (But, Jessica, I hear you say, if you have things to do, then why are you blogging at work? The answer, dear friend, is that I had stuff to do, and it is done.) My boss yesterday was acting all sad that this is my last week. Oh, puh-lease. Just a few weeks ago she was all ready to fire me, and now she's sad I'm leaving? Give me a break. It just confirms my earlier diagnosis that she is chemically imbalanced. Also, she's a racist. A girl came in last week and interviewed with a recruiter who thought she'd be a great candidate for my position. So, she had her take some computer skills tests while we waited for the boss-lady to arrive. When she got here, she took one look at the girl, didn't even look at her resume, then went up to her office. She called down to me a minute or so later to tell me she wasn't going to meet with this person. She didn't "have the right image." What, you ask, was wrong with her image? Nothing as far as I could tell. If anything, she looked more polished than I did that day. She was wearing a suit, a nice top, her hair was pulled back - I've never worn a suit to work. Occasionally a blazer, but not a suit. I don't even have one. The difference? She was black. You do the math. This makes me yet more glad that I am leaving.

On a happier note, Michael heard from the Post Falls PD today about the dispatch job. It looks like he has a very good chance of that working out. The person in charge just got his application yesterday and called him today, and he is supposed to call as soon as he gets into town to set up an interview. I can only hope that I get something good quickly. (The key word is "good." I don't want a crappy job like the one I currently have. I would actually like to do something where I might be able to use the skills that I've spent so much time and money developing. Wouldn't that be nice?) Anyway, only about an hour left of work today, so I will update everyone later on the things that require updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...