Pages

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Mmm...Hot Cocoa

I would just like us all to take a moment to meditate on the wonder that is hot cocoa. Specifically, in this instance, Land O Lakes Double Chocolate Hot Cocoa. It's yummy. Perfect for a day such as today. Winter's icy breath is blowing across New England. This morning it was 28 degrees when I left the house, and felt like 22. It's been near freezing in the mornings for a while, but this was the first day that I was out in weather below freezing. Luckily, it was sunny, so that helped a bit, but it was still cold, and I was glad for my wool coat, scarf, hat, gloves, and the extra layer I wisely put on while getting dressed. So, this evening after dinner, hot cocoa seemed to be the perfect thing. The heating around hear is a bit temperamental (for temperamental read we don't actually have control over when it's off or on) and the apartment has been a bit on the cool side. Not cold, mind you, but a bit cooler than I would actually prefer it. But, that just makes hot cocoa all the more appropriate. So, I encourage all of you to turn down the heat a notch or two and cuddle under a blanket with a mug of cocoa and the person of your choice.

1 comment:

  1. What a great thought. Especially since I've been battling a cold this week, cuddling up with Paul under a blanket with hot cocoa sounds mighty good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...