Pages

Wednesday, November 15, 2006

"You Can't Fire Me! I Quit!"

Well, that's not exactly what I said to my boss yesterday, but it pretty well sums it up. Let me just say that my boss is impossible to please. She is unclear about what she wants and then gets upset when things don't work out the way she wants. (Hmmm...perhaps if she could articulate cleary exactly what she wants she would save herself and everyone else a lot of frustration...just a thought.) So, she asked me to do something for her that actually has nothing to do with work, but I'm her assistant so I did my best. Basically I had printed out a couple of lists for her for something on Monday, then on Wednesday she told me she never got one of them. I, trying to defend myself, tried to tell her that I had given the list to her, told her what I had said as I handed it to her, what she had said when she looked at it, and she just responded, "You never gave this to me." That's all she would say. "You never gave this to me." I, of course, said "Yes, I did!" But she apparently thinks I was lying, and just said, "No, you didn't." She then proceded to tell me that things weren't working out "for the long-term," to which I replied, "That's fine. I'm moving back to Idaho next month anyway. I was planning on talking to you about it later. I had planned on having December 13 as my last day. Is that okay, or do you want me gone sooner?" She said the 13th was fine, so now I don't have to worry about giving my two weeks' notice. I'm still so mad, though. I can't believe she thinks I lied to her! And why would I lie about that?! It's just a stupid list, it's not the end of the world. But, everything that doesn't go exactly right around here somehow becomes my fault. I've beat my brains out since August trying to please this woman, and I've come to the unavoidable conclusion that she is impossible to please. Then, later in the afternoon, she had the audacity to ask about the move and what Michael will be doing, etc, trying to be all nice. Right, that makes it okay that you called me a liar earlier in the day. I really wish I could quit even sooner. I really wanted to just leave right after that conversation. I found this job working for Google reviewing websites in Spanish, so I'm going to apply for that. If it pays well enough, I might just quit sooner and spend lots of time doing that. I guess this is just another sign that we've made the right decision to move back to Coeur d'Alene. I can't wait. Only 29 more days until I leave.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, talk about timing! The Google thing sounds promising--I hope you get it! It would nice to work from home and have some flexibility on your hours.

    Your boss sounds like an EGR (Extra Grace Required), and I'm sure the coworkers you're leaving behind will need your prayers as they continue to work for her!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, that answers my question of when are you giving your notice. I agree, this seems to be confirmation that you are doing the right thing. I am very excited that you are coming back to Coeur d'Alene. It will be a new experience for me to have you so close but not my little girl any more. I'm looking forward to doing all kinds of mother-daughter activites. First and foremost is staying up late and talking to each other. I really have missed that.
    The next month is going to fly by and before you know it both of you will be here. The google job sounds promising, I hope you get it.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...