Pages

Saturday, November 18, 2006

Things I Won't Miss About Boston

1. Ridiculously crowded trains on the T. I hate wedging myself between people just to get somewhere.
2. Walking everywhere when it's rainy or cold or just generally unpleasant outside.
3. The stairs at work that I've now fallen down twice.
4. The back stairs to the basement in my apartment building that I have to take to the laundry area, but are too narrow to comfortably carry a normal laundry basket down, and they're windy so the actual steps themselves are too narrow. I fell on those stairs once, too.
5. The downstairs neighbors that have their bass turned up too loud and we can hear it over our TV when we're just trying to relax.
6. The landlord who won't do anything about the downstairs neighbors, and tells us we need to get a rug to help cut the noise. We got a rug. It didn't make a bit of difference.
7. The upstairs neighbor who sounds like an elephant when she walks around.
8. The fact that we have no real control over our heat.
9. Having no friends.
10. Having no church.
11. Lack of street signs. (It's true. Street signs are a rarity around here. It can be very frustrating at times.)
12. Getting nearly run over on a daily basis. Leaving the house is always an adventure.

Hmm....that's all I can come up with for now. I'll let you know as I think of more. Only 27 more days.

1 comment:

  1. Oi! Numbers 9 and 10 alone would do me in!

    Glad you're leaving your noisy neighbors behind. Now if only you can find a single floor apartment complex with thick walls like ours, or better yet, a house!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...