Pages

Thursday, November 23, 2006

A Non-Traditional Thanksgiving

Well, today was Thanksgiving and I did almost nothing. We slept in today and just generally hung out. After Michael went to work, I made myself some pasta that we had in the house. Later, I wanted something sweet, but didn't want to walk to the 7-11 to get anything because it was raining, so I figured out that I had enough ingredients to make butterscotch bars, and that's what I did (was that a run on sentence or what?). Other than that, I watched movies on TV, and eventually washed a few dishes. I did keep one of my traditions, though, of sleeping late and doing nothing more than watching TV. Last Thanksgiving was the first that Michael and I spent just us, and I cooked a traditional dinner, but he had to work this year, so what was the point? Prior to that, every Thanksgiving was spent at my grandparents' house in Dallas, where it was my privilege, nay, my duty to sleep late and do nothing. Anyway, I hope everyone had a happy time with their families, and I can look forward to spending Christmas with mine.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you did your duty--thanks to Paul, I also took care of the sleeping late holiday requirement on Thursday. (One day, the kids will be old enough to get their own breakfast and clothes and baths and then we can BOTH sleep in!)

    Butterscotch bars sound yummy, and I think you should make them a new yearly tradition just to remind you of your early married days every Thanksgiving. :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...