Pages

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mystery Solved?

Michael and I were discussing the origins of the mystery thong today over lunch. I repeated my puzzlement over where it came from, since I had, after all, looked in both washers and dryers before using them. Michael's response was, "It came from wherever my socks went to." While we were living in the apartment in Brighton two of Michael's socks disappeared. Not a matched pair, however. So, now he has two different socks with no mates. We noticed this while we were still living in that apartment, and we assumed that they'd gotten stuck under something and would turn up when we moved. But they didn't. They've disappeared completely. And now a thong has mysteriously appeared in our laundry. There is only one possible conclusion. Dryers are a portal to an alternate reality. Only stray pieces of laundry are able to cross between the two. Someday, perhaps, Michael's missing socks will turn up. Probably not while we still have the other halves, but, I guess that's how it goes. Or perhaps they're enjoying their new life of unattached sockhood in their alternate universe. What has become of the thong? It went in the trash.

1 comment:

  1. I think you're on to something here. Possibly the two socks ran away together and propagated. Maybe the thong is their genetically mutated offspring, returned from the alternate dimension to bring tales of adventure to the rest of your undergarment drawer.

    I guess we'll never know.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...