Pages

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Very Little to Report

I didn't do much today. In fact, I only left the house to go to 7-11 to buy essentials like bread, cheese, cereal, and milk. I wouldn't have minded getting a few more things from a real grocery store, but that would've required walking a half mile, buying everything, then lugging it back the half mile in the dark and only 40 degrees out. Which, granted, isn't terribly cold, but isn't much fun for carrying groceries in. So, 7-11 it was. Yesterday I did a bit more. I went sight-seeing. It was sunny out, and who knows when it'll be sunny on a day off again. I walked most of the Freedom Trail. It's a trail around Boston delineated by a red brick line (sometimes it's painted, but mostly it's brick) that goes past major historical sights such as the New and Old State Houses, Faneuil Hall (aka The Cradle of Liberty), a few burial grounds (note: the difference between a cemetery and a burial ground is that in cemeteries you know exactly where people are buried, and how many of them are buried there, in a burial ground you don't.), Paul Revere's House, The Old North Church, and a few other interesting things like the Bunker Hill Monument, and the USS Constitution (the oldest ship in the naval fleet). I didn't make it out to the last two, but I did go by the others, taking photos and things just like a tourist. I'm planning on going out to the last two places, but I think Michael wants to go, too, so we might do that next week on one of my days off. We'd both seen most of the rest already, but neither of us have been out to the last two.

I did think of a couple more things that I will miss:
7. Having built in reading time during the day, because I read on the T.
8. The Boston Public Library. It's enormous, has tons of books, looks really cool, and also houses the John Adams Presidential Library.

I also thought of a couple more things that I won't miss:
13. Having to make sure I have enough quarters to do laundry every week.
14. The 50 minute commute to go 7 miles.

Only 26 more day until I leave.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see your pictures! I must say, lugging groceries without a car doesn't sound like my idea of a good time (even if I could use the exercise!)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...